Swagelok combined a number of distinctive features in developing the 60 series ball valve® to create a very robust and reliable valve that is suitable for a wide range of system conditions and applications. With a unique coned-disc, spring-loaded seat; live-loaded, two-piece chevron-designed stem packing; and three-piece, swing-out body design, Swagelok 60 series ball valves are designed for reliability and low maintenance. This quarter-turn ball valve is available in 2- and 3-way configurations as well as a variety of materials including stainless steel, carbon steel, brass and special alloys.
Performance and Design
Several remarkable features of the 60 series ball valve create a distinct design difference unlike traditional ball valve designs. These unique design elements increase the life cycle of the components, ultimately lowering maintenance costs and unexpected downtime.
- Robust seat sealing is accomplished by combining reinforced PTFE with additional seat support and a coned-disc spring.
- A reliable stem seal is achieved by a two-piece chevron packing live-loaded with Belleville springs.
- Safe operation is ensured through employing a rounding spring and blow out proof stem.
- Our Limited Lifetime Warranty shows our commitment to quality.
- Quarter-turn actuation
- Stainless steel, carbon steel, brass and special alloys
- Variety of end connections in 1/8 to 2 in. and 6 to 25 mm sizes
- Pneumatic and electric actuators
- Optional vent porting
- On-off (2-way) and switching (3-way) valves
- Flexing seat design ensures leak tight seal in both low- and high-pressure systems
Options and AccessoriesSwagelok offers a variety of options and accessories to further customize your 60 series ball valve to your application requirements. Please see the 60 series catalog for specific details.
- Valve Handle Options
- Vented Valves
- Low Dead Space Inserts
- Panel Mount Kits
- Pneumatic Actuators
- ISO 5211 Compliant Pneumatic Actuators
Additional details and information on how to select your specific application configuration can be found in the 60 series ball valve catalog.
Applications for Use
The 60 series ball valve is available in a general purpose series, as well as in configurations specific to specific applications.