Advanced Orbital Welding Training
It is critical for welders to obtain up-to-date and accurate training due to the complexity of consistently achieving acceptable orbital welds. This 5-day comprehensive course consists of a series of lectures and hands-on activities to develop an understanding of orbital welding principles. A theoretical and practical exam is administered at the end of the course to test comprehension.
Who Should Attend?
- Welders with orbital welding experience who wish to upgrade their skills
- Welders without orbital welding experience who would like to learn the technique
- Supervisors of orbital welding operations
- Engineers who design systems that include orbital welding
- Quality assurance and quality control personnel wishing to learn about weld quality
What Will I Learn?
This extensive training course will provide you with:
- Instruction from a Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) and Weld Educator (CWE)
- A comprehensive understanding of gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) principles and industry standards and specifications for welding
- Instructions for set-up and operation of the SWS orbital welding system
- The ability to use, select and care for tungsten electrodes
- Knowledge on how proper selection and purging techniques affect the quality of a weld
- Practice on troubleshooting common issues and learn preventive maintenance procedures that will protect your equipment investment
- Instructions on how to develop a weld procedure and adjust the variables of the GTAW process to impact the quality of a weld
- An emphasis on orbital welding operational issues using hands-on experience
- Information about becoming certified under ASME Section IX
- Possible qualification for QA/QC requirements for your company
What If I Don't Own a Swagelok Welding System?
Although instructors will be conducting the course using the Swagelok M200 Welding System, welders without this specific brand or unit would still benefit greatly. The course teaches basic orbital welding principles and fundamentals of orbital welding that would apply with any welding system.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to call or email Richard Sweeney at 562.755.0184 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition covers all course materials, including daily lunch/snacks/beverages, workbook, user's manual and a signed Certificate of Completion.
Back to Training Home Page