Notification of Change
Swagelok’s Hose Service Group (HSG) is providing this update to the announcement posted in January 2019 (shown below) regarding changes to the PB series rubber hose and end connections to provide additional details regarding the dimensions of the end connections, the appearance of the hose, and the timing of the change.
- The removal of the finishing cap may require minor changes to the length and/or outside dimension of the end connection. An updated Hose and Flexible Tubing catalog, MS-01-180, is available on Swagelok.com and reflects the dimensional changes associated with the new end connection, as well as the visual changes due to the removal of the finishing cap.
- The new supply of bulk hose may have minor visual differences specific to the color and surface finish. The same color options will be provided, however, there may be slight differences in the shade of the colors. The gray color hose will contain black text in place of white text. The black color bulk hose will be constructed with a Neoprene cover for added UV and ozone resistance. The hose reel size and/or material may also change.
- These changes will go into effect no earlier than August 30th, 2019. After this date, there will be a transition period where both end connection designs and bulk hose supplies could be used in orders as existing inventory is depleted.
For any questions regarding this update, please contact:
Doug Nordstrom – Product Manager, Hose
Telephone: (440) 649-5616
Changes to Swagelok’s Push-on PB Series Rubber Hose End Connections and Supplier – Notification of Change (January 2019)
As a part of our effort to provide exceptional service to our customers and to facilitate the packaging of PB series hose and end connections, two changes are being made to the product line.
- Swagelok is making a design improvement on the end connections that will eliminate the finishing cap. This change will allow for bulk packaging, eliminating the need to cut open individual bags by you or your customer, and provide a cleaner visual appearance.
- We are moving the bulk hose product to a new supplier which will keep product costs stable. The new supplier is already used for other Swagelok products. Product ratings will be unchanged as the new supplier will meet the same performance requirements.
Swagelok has validated both bulk hose suppliers for both end connection designs to ensure there is no concern for intermix between designs or suppliers during the transition of existing inventory.
Any inventory at your site does not need to be discarded.
These changes will go into effect no earlier than July 1, 2019. Following that date, there will be a transition period where both end connection designs may be received in orders as existing inventory is depleted.
Additional questions can be directed to your Swagelok Los Angeles account manager at (800) 252-7087 or feel free to send us an email and we'll be happy to get you in touch.