Part 2 in this Tech Talk webinar series presented by Swagelok's senior material scientist, Dr. Bob Bianco, on Thursday, February 11th at 11 am continues on his introduction to materials science from Part 1 that was held on January 14th (a recording of that session will be available here soon). The properties of the materials that comprise your fluid system components have significant impact on their compatibility and performance. By understanding the basics of their materials of construction, you will be better equipped to choose components that help achieve your operational goals.
A short Q&A will available the end of this 30-minute webinar.
Below is a short summary of topics that will be addressed during the webinar. Did you miss Part 1? View the recorded session here.
Tech Talk Topics
Alloy Performance in Corrosive Environments
- Types of Corrosion and What to Know
- Localized Corrosion (Pitting and Crevice Corrosion)
- Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC)
- Hydrogen Embrittlement and Interaction with Microstructure
- Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion
Material Selection for Fluid System Components
- Metals and Alloys Used by Swagelok
- Stainless Steels – 300 Series
- Super Austenitic Alloys – including 6 Moly
- High Nickel Alloys
- Duplex and Super Duplex Stainless Steels, 2507
What: Materials Science Basics, Part 2
When: Thursday, February 11th @ 11 am
Cost for attendance: FREE
Length: 30 minutes plus Q&A
This webinar is part 2 in a series that gives an introduction to the basics of materials science and explains how the materials of construction of your components affects the performance in your operations.
This event has already occurred, but you can view the recording below. View our TechTalk calendar here.